Frank Ryan by Studio R9 Tampa



My usual association when I hear the name Frank is of the father of a school friend of mine. I remember growing up hearing his wife constantly saying 'Frank, no, Frank stop!' She was always saying that because that Frank was loud, abrasive, and always doing something that bothered or embarrassed his wife.



Thanks to Rick from Studio R9 I now have a much better vision when Frank comes up. When going through Rick's portfolio it was clear there was something special about m20 year old Tampa model Frank Ryan. I can't exactly put it into words but you see it too I know. Frank's appeal is not hidden or subtle, it is on the surface for everyone to see and enjoy.



Rick saw it as well and his camera certainly captured it beautifully. Rick has been a photographer for many years and has his own studio in Tampa. Rick's focus for the past six years has been shooting models, both male and female. Frank was Rick's server at a local restaurant and Rick knew right away he had something special.



After about 3 months of us talking back and forth about a shoot, I agreed to work with him in my studio and settings. He was a natural and very comfortable in front of the camera.
Rick, Studio R9 Tampa



I think Frank's ease and comfort being in front of Rick's lens is one of the major factors to his appeal. It is odd to me how often even some models, even some major successful ones, almost seem to not want their images to be enjoyed. You can see it in their work, no matter what the image, the pose, their unease is unmistakable. This is not the case with Frank Ryan. Frank has a clear confidence which can be seen through his eyes and demeanor.



Check out more of Rick's work on ModelMayhem HERE:
& check out more of Frank's work with Rick on Frank's ModelMayhem HERE: